You’re happily going about your day when out of the blue you feel a sharp pain shoot through the left side of your mouth. Suddenly nothing else matters but this intense and throbbing pain. A toothache like this can often come without warning and without mercy. If you have ever had a toothache, you know that it’s nearly impossible to concentrate or do anything at all until you can get relief from the pain. It’s through this perilous situation that most people finally make time to see a dentist. That’s dental care the hard way. Don’t wait for the failure to see a dentist regularly to catch up with you in the form of a toothache. Prevent your next toothache altogether by making an appointment to see Dr. Cofer at Premier Family Dental today. Dr. Cofer and his experienced team at Premier Family Dental specialize in preventative dental care. Premier Family Dental proudly serves patients throughout Waco, TX, Robinson, Lorena and surrounding communities.
Temporary Toothache Relief Tips
You can try these temporary toothache pain remedies while you wait for dental treatment:
- Take a Painkiller– Make sure to only take the recommended dosage.
- Apply a Cold Compress- Use a plastic bag with ice, cover it with a thin cloth or paper towel, and apply it directly to the cheek area just outside the tooth. The cold temperature will help ease the pain. Do not apply the ice directly to the tooth.
- Numb the Area- Get an over-the-counter tooth and gum numbing gel and apply to the affected area in your mouth.
- Floss- Sometimes a toothache is caused by a small piece of food that is lodged between the teeth and is exacerbating the pain of cavities or gum disease.
- Clove Oil- This is an old home remedy that is said thought to at least ease the pain of a toothache. Simply rub a few drops on the affected tooth several times daily.
- Sea Salt Rinse- A toothache that’s caused by an injury or a mild infection might go away on its own. You can make a rinse with warm water and a spoonful of sea salt that could help it along. When the salt dissolves, try gargling the water in your mouth, making sure it splashes around the affected area. Repeat as necessary, and make an appointment to see us for evaluation.
Toothache Prevention in Waco, TX
There is no question that the best way to deal with a toothache is to prevent it from happening in the first place. Some toothaches may be unavoidable due to injury, but the vast majority are caused by a lack of proper dental care. Don’t let a perceived fear of the dentist create actual toothache pain. Dr. Cofer can offer Sedation Dentistry techniques to ensure that your dental care is comfortable and virtually pain-free. Be proactive and make an appointment to see Dr. Cofer with Premier Family Dental today. Dr. Cofer and his gentle and experienced team at Premier Family Dental proudly serve patients throughout Waco, TX, Robinson, Lorena and surrounding cities.