Tooth-Colored Fillings — Waco, TX
Fixing Cavities in a Natural-Looking Way
Cavities can happen to anyone. In years past, everyone could tell when you had a cavity. What gave it away? Perhaps it was that silvery metal blob on your teeth. Well, gone are the days when you have to have amalgam fillings. Instead, at Premier Family Dental, we offer tooth-colored fillings in Waco that are expertly crafted to blend seamlessly with your teeth, so only you and your dentist will know that you’ve had a cavity. Our dental team is dedicated to making your experience with us pleasant and the results as healthy and beautiful as possible.
Why Choose Premier Family Dental for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Dental Materials That Blend in Seamlessly with Your Smile
- Knowledgeable, Experienced Dental Team
- State-of-the-Art Dental Technology
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings Made Of?
Amalgam fillings consist of a combination of mercury, silver, tin, and copper. In contrast, tooth-colored fillings are metal-free and are composed of composite resin, which includes plastic and fine ceramic particles. As a result, this type of filling is much lighter and more biocompatible, allowing it to remain in place much easier than its amalgam counterpart.
What Are the Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings?
In addition to being shaded to match the color of your teeth, composite resin fillings have many advantages, including the following:
- They strengthen your teeth. To make sure amalgam fillings stay in place, more of the tooth structure has to be removed. Composite resin is very flexible and bonds well to teeth, which means that more of your natural tooth can be preserved. It also supports the natural structure of your tooth, restoring its full function and strength.
- They do not come out as easily as amalgam. Although amalgam is very durable, tooth-colored fillings can stay adhered to your teeth through normal wear and tear much better than amalgam fillings.
- They protect your teeth from hot and cold. Patients often complain about sensitivity to hot and cold with metal fillings, but composite resin shields your tooth from these sensations more effectively.
- They look natural. To the untrained eye, composite resin fillings can be practically invisible!
What Is the Process for Placing Tooth-Colored Fillings?
Once we have determined that you have a cavity, filling it with composite resin follows this simple process:
- Your dentist administers a local anesthetic to numb the area.
- They clean out the decayed portions of enamel and ensure that the tooth is free of bacteria.
- Using the shade of resin that best matches your teeth, they apply the putty-like material into the hole, mold and shape it, and smooth it out.
- They then use a light to harden the filling.
- Once it is set, they continue to fine-tune the filling, ensuring your bite feels comfortable.
Do Tooth-Colored Fillings Require Special Care?
Other than your normal oral care routine, which should include the following habits, tooth-colored fillings do not require extra special care. Instead, you only need to:
- Brush twice a day.
- Floss once a day.
- Visit us twice a year for a dental checkup and teeth cleaning.
By maintaining proper oral hygiene and partnering with us at Premier Family Dental, you can make sure that your fillings and your teeth can last for many years to come!