Emergency Dentist – Waco, TX
Bringing You Emergency Care When You Need It
Whether you’re struggling with serious tooth pain that just won’t go away or your child has somehow managed to knock out a permanent tooth while hanging out on the playground, Premier Family Dental is here to provide assistance and relief to patients in need. Please contact us right away here in Waco for fast emergency dental care so that emergency dentist Dr. Cofer can make time to see you as soon as possible.
Why Choose Premier Family Dental for Emergency Dental Care?
- Gets You Seen as Soon As Possible
- Highly Trained and Experienced Dentists
- Flexible Financing Options Available
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
- After you get in touch with our office, a team member will be able to speak with you and confirm the severity of your dental issue. We’ll do our best to get you scheduled as soon as possible as well as provide first-aid guidance over the phone to improve your comfort and prevent the issue (whether it’s a toothache, infection, or broken tooth) from getting worse.
- Once you do arrive for your emergency appointment, whether that’s the same day or in the near future, we’ll get you seen by Dr. Cofer. He will perform an exam to confirm the cause of your dental emergency. To do this, we may need to perform digital X-rays if the issue is not clearly visible.
- We’ll speak with you directly to discuss your treatment plan and the services that will be needed to resolve your dental emergency. This could include dental fillings, root canal therapy, tooth extractions, or another treatment depending on your unique situation.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
While there are ways to improve your dental emergency before you arrive, you should always give us a call directly to set up an appointment and get guidance on how to best manage your situation. Even if you aren’t sure if what you’re experiencing is a dental emergency, it’s better to be safe rather than allow your dental issue to potentially worsen.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
- Schedule a checkup and cleaning for the whole family every six months! By visiting a trusted and experienced dentist like Dr. Cofer at regular intervals, you can ensure that any dental problems are caught and treated at their earliest, most harmless stages.
- Do you play any sports where physical contact with other players or hard objects is a possibility? Make sure to wear a mouthguard so your smile is well-protected during the big game.
- If you suspect that you suffer from bruxism (teeth grinding), talk to Dr. Cofer right away about having a custom-made nightguard created.
- Be very careful when enjoying foods that are sticky, tough, or hard to chew. Stick to a diet that has plenty of good vegetables and fruit! Also, don’t chew on the ice that comes in your drink, as you run the risk of cracking your enamel.
- Use scissors to open packaging and not your teeth.