More patients are unhappy with their smiles than they put off. Unfortunately, this means that there are countless people that feel less than confident about themselves. Here at Premier Family Dental, we work hard to make sure our patients love their teeth and what they have to offer. We can do this by offering a variety of cosmetic our-services. Dr. Cofer is here to help you choose between your next smile improvements: porcelain veneers or dental crowns.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are one of the most comprehensive cosmetic dental restorations available on the market. They accomplish improving the appearance of your smile and function of your teeth all in one dental procedure by masking dental flaws. If you need to improve the length, shape, proportion, surface texture, or brightness of your teeth, consider these thin shells of dental porcelain as one of the best chances of seamlessly covering those flaws for good.
- Veneers only require a minimal amount of your natural teeth to be shaved down, keeping most your natural teeth intact.
- If you have teeth that are resistant to whitening, porcelain veneers can make even the darkest smile appear white again.
- Cofer may also recommend porcelain veneers in Waco for minor overlapping issues or small gaps.
What are dental crowns?
We also offer a dental restoration and cosmetic fix rolled into one. A dental crown is a restoration designed to completely cover an individual tooth They can also replace missing teeth with the help of dental implant posts. Dental crowns can dramatically improve your smile’s health, appearance, and position within the smile. There are a variety of reasons Dr. Cofer may recommend having a crown placed, including:
- Restoring a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy.
- Restoring a dental implant.
- Rebuilding the structure of a badly injured or fractured tooth.
- Protecting a weak tooth from the threat of fracture.
- Giving an unsightly tooth a beautiful makeover.
- Restoring a large area of decay that’s too severe for a filling.
Which dental procedure is better for me?
When you think of cosmetic dentistry, both porcelain veneers and dental crowns allow Dr. Cofer to revitalize your smile in the most natural way. They can both accomplish:
- Masking discolorations throughout your smile.
- Straightening teeth.
- Filling spaces in your smile.
But when it comes to choosing a dental procedure, the decision is ultimately up to you. If you’re truly considering what a cosmetic procedure can do for you and help you reach your goals, schedule a consultation with Dr. Cofer. He can give you his professional opinion and explain in more detail which procedure entails.
Contact Premier Family Dental Today!
We’re fortunate to have a team of professionals that are experienced in all fields of dentistry, especially cosmetics. If you’re unsure which dental treatment to choose, you’ve made at least one excellent choice: consulting our Premier Family Dental team for helpful advice. Call us today!